Meesha Shafi ordered by Court to avoid issuing negative remarks against Ali Zafar

0
233
Meesha Shafi ordered by Court to avoid issuing negative remarks against Ali Zafar - File Photo

Lahore session court on Thursday ordered Meesha Shafi to avoid making any negative comments against Ali Zafar on all TV Channels and Social Media Platforms.

This decision from the Court is the most recent development in the controversy of Ali Zafar and Meesha Shafi’s sexual harassment, was perused out by Additional Sessions Judge Shakeel Ahmed today.

Prior, Ali Zafar had presented a request of under the watchful eye of the court against Shafi, blaming her for showing up before the media and leveling baseless allegations against him. He had asked for the court to issue controlling requests against Shafi.

The Session court heard the arguments from the two sides on Wednesday and in the wake of tolerating Zafar’s supplication, it ordered Meesha Shafi to stop this instant from making slanderous comments against Ali Zafar.

The controversy of Ali Zafar & Meesha Shafi:

On 19th of April, 2018, Meesha Shafi used Twitter to blame Ali Zafar for inappropriate behavior as an Sexual harassment.

“I have been subjected, more than one occasion, to sexual harassment of a physical nature at the hands of a colleague from my industry: Ali Zafar,” the singer and actor had claimed in her tweet.

Allegations from Meesha Shafi, latter on a few females had approached on Twitter to likewise blame Ali Zafar for sexual harassment.

Latter on, Ali Zafar denied those allegations of harassment in his statement and sent a lawful notice to Meesha Shafi, requesting that Meesha Shafi remove the tweet in which she blaming him for harassment and issue an apology on Twitter.

Ali Zafar then filed a defamation case against Meesha Shafi for damages worth Rs1 billion in June. Then Meesha Shafi filed her response in October, in which she stated that Ali Zafar had harassed her many times.

“Ali Zafar Harassed [me] at a private studio and family functions,” she had said in the reaction submitted through her guidance Mohammad Saqib Jilani and Advocate Tasawwur.

She expressed that she had been “constrained” to make a move against Ali Zafar due to the incidents of harassment, including that Ali Zafar had additionally harassed a few other female artists beside her.

“I will likewise give proof [of the allegations] when the court requests it,” said by Meesha Shafi.

Denying all criticism charges leveled against her by Ali Zafar, she said Ali Zafar “is trying to act innocent under the watchful eye of the court”.

The criticism case will next be heard on 9th of February, 2019.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here